Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tonight's dinner..

yakisoba and pea sprouts

Yakisoba and pea shoots! When I was living in Japan, there were two different opinions about cooking yakisoba in my English conversation class. One adamantly said the noodles are much better if you don't add water and the other said you have to add water or the noodles won't come apart. I'm still debating between the two myself, but I think I do enjoy the chew of the noodles sans water a bit more than the ones that have water added to it. Pea shoots are one of my favorite vegetables but are so easily over cooked (sadly I overcooked them a bit today D:) but I love the slight crunch and the flavor that a little salt brings out of them. I think pea shoots definitely rank high for me, right up there next to on choy and spinach :)

No comments:

Post a Comment