Monday, October 8, 2012

Alive again?

lazy weekday dinner

Here goes...the third? attempt at blogging what I make lol. Now that I've finally moved out on my own again, I anticipate cooking more often but we shall see!

Tonight's dinner is one of my current go-to one pot/pan mixture of whatever's lying around. I've fallen in love with the chewy bite of Israeli couscous and any combination of that with chopped sausage and vegetables and beans simmered in low sodium chicken broth has been a lifesaver when I need to make something fast. This is also great for me since I always have enough left over to take for lunch! Paying rent once again coupled with no longer working within walking distance of 4-5 different lunch options really forces me to think about what I can make that will stretch for lunch for at least one or two days!

Today's mix is Israeli couscous, a can of black beans, a can of diced tomatoes in juice (no salt added), 1 green bell pepper, 1 sm. yellow onion, and sundried tomato and mozzarella chicken sausages. In my eagerness to get to eating, I managed to put in a little too much chicken stock so it's a little soupy today but still good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment