Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It's finally feeling like autumn

apple season!

It was rather sudden but it's definitely feeling like fall now. The temperature has dropped down to the 50s in the morning and I finally had to put on a sweater this week at home. Though I do miss the crisp fall air that I experienced once in Michigan and twice in Japan. However, one thing is the same regardless, it is the season of apples!

Apples were my favorite fruit when I was a child and now they still rank pretty high for me. Fuji apples are definitely my go to apple but when I can get my hands on them I love a good honeycrisp or empire. There's just something so very satisfying about a good crunchy apple! That being said, I also enjoy trying any new apple I might come across at the market and this time, I discovered Envy apples. They're apparently a hybrid of gala and braeburn created in New Zealand. I won't lie and say the "New Zealand" also piqued my interest since lately running away to New Zealand has suddenly risen up in my hypothetical escape plans when I get stressed out at work. I've only had one so far and there's this wonderful sweet note that you get with each bite that makes it hard to stop wanting more. Sadly the apple I had was a bit grainy, but I'm not sure if that's the texture of the apple or if I just happened to pick out an older one. Regardless, I think they're definitely worth a try!

envy apple

No comments:

Post a Comment