Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's feeling like fall...

lentil soup

It's kind of amazing how in the course of a week we've gone from 80 degree weather to below 65. This is definitely a sign the season is changing. Though, it's not the same as having the crisp fall air of the midwest and east though! Today was definitely the first day I felt a little chill on my way home from work so I looked up a quick lentil soup recipe and tried out cooking lentils for the first time today. I definitely need more work with timing how long to cook the lentils but this was a pretty quick and adaptable recipe I'll be trying again. I'm sure it'll be even better once I remember to buy salt. It's pretty delicious with some crusty bread too!
Here's the original recipe: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/lively-up-yourself-lentil-soup-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment