Sunday, July 12, 2009

Eats around A2, part 2

During my last few weeks in A2, E and I started having pretty regular walks 2-3 times a week. We'd either cook something at my place and then walk a few miles or go out to central campus to get dinner and then walk back to north campus. The last few times we met up, we made dumplings and we also went to TK WU for dinner! Ok so we went twice but I found it pretty good and satisfying for Chinese food in A2 :) The service was also not bad and we even got free dessert once :D

The first time we went, E had Rice and Roast Duck and I got the Rice with Chinese Beef Stew. I didn't try any of E's but mine was quite good..of course it helps that I <3 beef tendon lol.

Roasted Duck + Rice
Rice and Roast Duck

Beef + Tendon stew over rice
Rice and Chinese Beef Stew

The second time we went, we shared two dishes: Hunan Chicken and Kung Pao Tofu. Both were spicy, especially to me who is sadly very weak when it comes to spicy food. But nevertheless I thought they were good, but I preferred the tofu to the chicken though. There's just something about tofu that's crispy on the outside and yet still soft on the inside. Oh the wonders of frying lol. We were also pleasantly surprised when they gave out bowls of mango ice to everyone that night for dessert :)

Hunan Chicken
Hunan Chicken

Kung Pao Tofu
Kung Pao Tofu

Mango Ice
Free mango ice!

Ok, well that's it for now. I think I have one more update and then I'll be done with A2 food...sadly. I wish I had gone out to eat more often :(

No comments:

Post a Comment