Friday, July 17, 2009

Chocolate Chocolate Mint Cookies

I made these last year in an attempt to make delicious chocolate chocolate cookies since I have yet to find a go to recipe for these. I also wanted to use my homemade mint chocolate chips that I made from a Ghirardelli Mint Bliss chocolate bar I got from work. I made the mint chips by simply melting the chocolate bar and then dropping drops using a spoon onto my silpat. So simple! The cookies turned out ok, I don't remember them being mind-blowingly spectacular, but they were decent and had a strong mint flavor due to the chips. I'll definitely be trying out other chocolate chocolate cookie recipes but I think I'll give this one another shot as well, without the mint lol. They did turn out quite soft and yummy.

Home Made Chocolate Chips

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chocolate Mint Cookies
adapted from allrecipes

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups mint chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment