Sunday, June 28, 2009

Eats around A2, part 1

During my last couple of weeks in Ann Arbor, my brother came and I had a few farewell meals here and there. After nearly 10 months in A2, I had hardly went out to eat so I got my fill during those last couple of weeks! I'm splitting this up into multiple posts, simply because I want to schedule more posts, and also because I don't want the post to drag out too long either :)

When my brother came, I took him out to the two places that I knew of that were must-go places in Ann Arbor for food. The first was Angelo's for brunch.

Angelo's

I had the eggs florentine. What can I say? I'm a sucker for hollandaise..and poached eggs... these did not disappoint! I thought they were quite delicious :) My brother had an omlette that came with a side of buttered toast, but I don't remember what he put in there. He rather enjoyed it and I think we had a pretty satisfying brunch :D

Eggs Florentine
eggs florentine

My brother's omlette
toast not pictured lol

The second place we went to was Blimpy Burger. I really liked their patty. It was really thin, but made from freshly ground beef so it was really full of flavor and delicious. We also had the fried onion rings, which were ok, not spectacular. We would have been better off getting the mixed vegetables instead, in my opinion anyway. Since you can pretty much create your own burger and see it made for you right before your eyes, it is a good place to go for a good customized burger! My brother notes though that he thought it was a little pricey for its product but then you're paying for the 50's burger joint-esque experience maybe? Needless to say, it should be a definite stop for people going to A2.

my burger
my brother's burger, sadly the photos i took of mine were all blurry..

Onion Rings
onion rings

And that's it for this post, stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment