Friday, June 26, 2009

Simple Chocolate Truffles

Truffles

And we've finally arrived at the last of the installments about Valentine's Day 2008! These are incredibly simple and versatile chocolate truffles that I discovered my first year teaching in Japan..waay back in the winter of 05-06. During the two V-Day's that I was in Japan, I ended up making one truffle for every student in my junior high, roughly 140 students, and also one for every staff member of each of the three schools I worked at as well as my Board of Education (I also made even more for my junior high school staff :X). Yes, I was crazy and sleep deprived when I was making them back then, but on the bright side I got tons of chocolate and cookies back for White Day ^^;; But I digress...I like to use different flavorings with these and in the past I used raspberry, orange, vanilla, and coffee. I think I liked the raspberry and coffee flavors best, but orange and plain old vanilla weren't too bad either! It's also fun to use a variety of toppings to roll them in. I have yet to perfect dipping things in chocolate so I stuck to powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and chopped nuts. The only word of caution I would give is to make sure to refrigerate these since they contain cream cheese.

Truffles

Chocolate Truffles
from allrecipes

Ingredients

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Directions

1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.

2. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until well blended.

3. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla until no streaks remain.

5. Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Shape into 1 inch balls.

6. Roll truffles in ground walnuts (or any ground nuts), cocoa, coconut, confectioners' sugar, candy sprinkles, etc.

Note: To flavor truffles with liqueurs or other flavorings, omit vanilla. Divide truffle mixture into thirds. Add 1 tablespoon liqueur (almond, coffee, orange) to each mixture; mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment