Friday, January 16, 2009

Palmiers <3

I love cinnamon in cookies, in buns, in desserts and sweets in general, so of course I had to make these cinnamon palmiers when I saw them on i shot the chef. I actually made these once before over winter break and found out how long they actually take to make with all the resting in between but they are definitely worth the effort.

I really enjoyed these cookies, as did my friends and my cousin! Thus, I had to make them again! Of course it helped that S wanted to try them and didn't get any since he ran off to HK so I had reason to make these again :) The first time, I didn't really know what I was doing when I was folding the dough and making the cookies, and this time..despite having one batch under my belt, they were just as hard to shape again. I'm guessing it's because I keep halving the batches. Next time I'll do a full batch :) I also need to work on rolling them out and stuffing lots of cinnamon sugar into them too. They seemed to be lacking in the cinnamon sugar flavor this time =/ But they flaky buttery cookie is good..because of the flaky buttery-ness...:X

palmiers take two
Sigh..they were much too pale..

palmiers take 2
In the tupperware to be sent to S lol

Recipe can be found here: A Cheap Cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment