Friday, January 16, 2009

Home Cookin'

No recipe for this post, but I thought I'd post about what I typically cook for myself. I tend to just stir fry whatever I have in the fridge since it's fast and easy and I really don't have a picky palate so if it's edible, I'll eat it :X

That said, this post is about a fried potato dish that my grandmother (best cook EVER) used to make when we were young. My brother and I used to fight over the last piece of potato and even now we're on an unending quest to figure out how my grandmother used to cook this. Sadly, she passed away 16 years ago, long before I became interested in cooking and baking, so the only clues we have to go on is what my dad remembers of how she used to cook and my brother's picky taste to try and figure out the proportions.

This dish is very, very simple, it's basically sliced strips of marinated pork that's fried with strips of potato and/or onion. Very simple, very quick, and I find it tasty. Of course I tend to find almost anything fried with soy sauce tasty...so it might just be me. Anyhow, there'll be no recipe since it's not quite how it should be yet and, well let's face it, it's so simple it really doesn't require a recipe to imitate anyway!

potatoes and pork

No comments:

Post a Comment