Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

apple pie!

Once again this year I cooked Thanksgiving for my family! It was lots of fun prepping and cooking for just about 1.5 days straight and I look forward to doing it again next year :) I'm still quite fond of the roast turkey recipe from Simply Recipes and made my first full sized apple pie from scratch! The recipe for deep dish apple pie in Cook's Country Blue Ribbon Desserts was a big hit and the crust was also pretty delicious! I think I'll be making that pie again sometime. That and also Honey Cornbread recipe from Cook's Country. The cornbread came out dense and rich and rich and really went well with the flavor from the cornmeal.

inside the pie :)

The full menu from tonight was:
- Roast Turkey
- Rice Stuffing
- Regular Stuffing (from the box- we had some in the cabinet we needed to get rid of...)
- Pan fried brussel sprouts
- Roasted carrots
- Fried Smashed Potatoes
- Honey Cornbread
- Cranberry sauce from the can
- Apple Pie
- Spenda Pumpkin Pie
- Roasted Whole Sweet Potatoes

2012 Thanksgiving! 

Needless to say I am suffering from a major food coma. My brother is also passed out from too much food lol. I think that's a sign we had a good Thanksgiving :)

splenda pumpkin pie

No comments:

Post a Comment