Saturday, March 7, 2009

When you run out of eggs...

...make eggless chocolate cupcakes!

Ok, so I'm just lazy :X I ran out of eggs and I've been meaning to go grocery shopping but I just haven't really had the drive to leave my apartment and now it's a foggy and slightly rainy day which just lends itself to be one of those stay inside days. All would be fine except the nagging chocolate craving I've been having and so when I stumbled upon an eggless chocolate cupcake recipe on Taste and Tell, I felt like I struck gold :D I guess as a bonus, this is also the first vegan recipe I've tried as well. Yay? lol.

I liked how they turned out, although this probably won't be my go to chocolate cake recipe. It has a very nice, tight crumb, but there feels like there's something missing when I eat it. I guess maybe a combination of moisture and lightness? But then again I accidentally overbaked them by a minute or two :X

unfrosted eggless chocolate cupcake

frosted version
frosted with a simple vanilla buttercream

eggless chocolate cupcake

Recipe here: Eggless Chocolate Cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment